Lots of local businesses got involved in the decision to carry out a BID Feasibility study.
This included two open traders meetings attended by around 60 businesses at each meeting, as well as a series of working groups and meetings of the Lichfield Town Team. Find out more at www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/cityspeak
A BID Taskforce (subgroup of the Lichfield Town Team) was set up to appoint a BID development manager, and following this, Michelle Baker, Lichfield BID development manager, has carried out:
Comprehensive BID feasibility study – November 2013 – January 2014:
- 179 businesses / 217 hereditaments took part in the business consultation
- This equated to 33.5% of all businesses within BID boundary
- 55% / 120 hereditaments said they would support a BID
- 27% were undecided about their support for a BID, and wanted further details of the projects to be delivered.
- Find out more.
BID Public Meeting in Summer 2014
- Local businesses and stakeholders attended the public meeting with a BID Q&A session, an opportunity to ‘Meet the BID Steering Group’
- Everyone who came along had the chance to tell us what projects they wanted a potential BID to focus on, through an interactive consultation exercise.
- Download the results highlights sheet.
Choose Your Top 12 Projects BID Business Survey October 2014
- 91 businesses took part
- Representing 20.18% of all businesses in Lichfield
- Find out more
In addition, meetings of the Lichfield BID Steering Group and meetings of the Lichfield Town Team fed into the overall BID Development process.